Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Shiina Ringo : "Kamisama, Hotokesama" English Lyrics

"Kamisama, Hotokesama" is a song released by Shiina Ringo on the Virgin Music / Universal Music label on August 5th, 2015.
The song was used as the commercial song for "au isai vivid".
The song appears as track #2 on her fifteenth single "Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri / Kamisama, Hotokesama".

God, Buddha

Lyrics: Ringo Shiina & Shuutoku Mukai
Music: Ringo Shiina
Arrangement: Ringo Shiina & Youichi Murata

I want to be sated - soak deep into my heart
If I could get drunk on your endless talent*, then let me take everything in; my talents* aren't enough
I want to sleep; I want to forget about being alive
My mind's* restless; don't shed light on my sham sleep...so detestable

That's right, if you look closely at the ghost's true nature, it's just the passing of mankind
This salty, fishy lifeblood is boisterous
Lord have mercy on me! God, Buddha. I'll grovel, and once I throw up a smoke screen, there'll be an uproar over a small fire

We'll mutually squeeze the lives out of each other, world. We're the same in that regard
The sly, scorching scented fleeting world is boisterous
Lord have mercy on me! God, Buddha. Those excited guys are humorously making much ado about nothing
Even so, what we're most afraid of is our own selves
Whenever we feel on edge, we inadvertently feel a hopeless uneasiness

I want to play; I want to be proud as someone's lover
Thrust these greedy minds* into the depths of Hell

The impermanence of all things repeats
Sexual urges revive
A life in the freezing city
That missing guy
Before one knows it, his figure bewilders

* Here no kanji is given, so the word could actually either mean "brain/mind" or "talent"

Kamisama, Hotokesama

Sakushi: Shiina Ringo & Mukai Shuutoku
Sakkyoku: Shiina Ringo
Henkyoku: Shiina Ringo & Murata Youichi

Mitashitai no yo gozouroppu made shimiwatatte yo
Tomodo nee nou yoeru monnara mina nomasete okure monotarinee nou
Nemuritai no yo ikite iru koto mo wasuretai no yo
Sewashinee nou tanukineiri wo terasanai de okure...urameshiya

Sou da yo yuurei no shoutai mitari ningensama no otoori yo
Shiokkarai NAMAkusai ikichi ga kashimashii
Namuamidabutsu! Kamisama, Hotokesama haitsukubatte enmaku wo hareba boya sawagi

Kougo ni jinsei no uwamae HANEau sekensama otagaisama
Kosukkurai KINAkusai ukiyo wa kashimashii
Namuamidabutsu! Kamisama, Hotokesama iromekitatta yatsura omoshirookashiku karasawagi
Tokoro ga kochitora ittou kowai nowa mizukara yo
Sasakuretatte wa tsui ikenai munasawagi

Asobitai no yo darezo iihito to yogaritai no yo
Yokubukai nou jigoku no fuchi e tsukiotoshite okure

Kurikaesareru shogyoumujou
Yomigaeru seitekishoudou
Reitou toshi no kurashi
Yukue shirezu no aitsu
Itsu no ma ni ka sugata kuramashi

神様、仏様

作詞:椎名林檎・向井秀徳
作曲:椎名林檎
編曲:椎名林檎・村田陽一

No comments:

Post a Comment